Yaesu FT-817ND Amateur Radio | HF/VHF/UHF Mobile Transceiver
This FT-817ND is boxed and in great condition as it has been well looked after. The radio is unmodified and gives 4w on all transmittable bands (40m is only 7 - 7.1Mhz although RX is up to 7.2Mhz).
All functions are tested and the only issue found is that the battery doesn't appear to hold a good charge anymore (however replacements can be easily purchased for around £20). The radio works perfectly on 12v DC input.
The Yaesu FT-817ND is the world’s first self-contained, battery-powered, multi-mode portable transceiver covering the HF, VHF, and UHF bands,For more than four decades, Yaesu has been a world leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance multi-mode base station and mobile transceivers, as well as FM hand held.
Yaesu broke ground with the introduction of the FT-817. Providing up to five watts of power output, the FT-817 is designed for operation on the 160-10 meter HF bands, plus the 6 meter, 2 meter, and 70 cm bands. Whether your preferred operating mode is SSB, CW, AM, FM, Packet, or SSB-based Digital modes like PSK31, the FT-817 is ready to join you on your next hiking, camping, or search-and-rescue adventure!
Now the 817 legacy is even better with the introduction of the FT-817ND, which includes coverage of the U.S. 60-meter (5 MHz) band, and it also includes a 1400 mah NiMH Battery pack (FNB-85) and NC-72B Charger. See the AT range of antennas in HF Mobile Antennas, these have been specially designed for single band use with the FT-817.
Please note: The pictures shown above are the actual radio and accessories for sale.
Included with your Yaesu FT-817ND
- MH-31A8J Hand Microphone
- YHA-63 Whip Antenna for (50/144/430 MHz) *Long tip only
- 12v DC Cable
- Leather Carrying Case
- Shoulder Strap
- Peg Leg tilt stand kit
- Printed User Manual
SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Share a photo of your Thunderpole product and appear in our showcase. Make sure to tag your image with either @thunderpole_uk or #thunderpole on Instagram.
Ultra Compact HF/VHF/UHF Multimode Rig
Wide Receiver Frequency Coverage
Two Antenna Connectors for Ease of Installation
Receiver Enahncement Features
• IF Shift – For reduction of adjacent-frequency interference.
• IF Noise Blanker – For reduction of ignition and other impulse-type noise.
• IPO (Intercept Point Optimization) – Bypasses RX Preamp on HF/50
MHz for improved performance during strong-signal conditions.
• ATT (Front End Attenuator) – For more pleasant reception of very
Outstanding CW Features
• CW “Semi Break-in,” with T/R recovery delay programmable from 10
ms ~ 2500 ms. At 10 ms setting, performance emulates QSK
• CW Reverse: provides BFO injection from LSB-side, instead of default
• CW Pitch Control: adjusts TX offset and (identical) sidetone between
300 Hz and 1000 Hz in 50 Hz steps; this allows precise spotting on DX
stations. Sidetone level is adjustable.
• Built-in Electronic Keyer, with speed adjustable between 4 WPM and
60 WPM, and Weight (Dot:Dash Ratio) adjustable between 1:2.5 and
• For emergency use, the Menu allows you to set up the Microphone’s
[UP] and [DWN] keys for generation of “Dots” and “Dashes” on CW!
Versatile, Easy-To-See Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)